This job has been closed.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Death in Service
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Healthcare Discount
The role location can be flexible. Tralee, Limerick, or Cork but weekly travel to Tralee is required
As Financial Controller, the successful individual will have a highly visible and critical role in the business. You will take end to end ownership of managing the finance function and ensuring accounting and financial controls are applied in the company. You will be responsible for performance management of a growing team and will ensure the company has adequate controls, systems, and processes in place to deliver on business needs.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, a weekly payroll function, financial reporting activities and internal controls across 3 entities for the Group.
- Responsibility for weekly P & L reporting by commercial unit for the group, liaising with the commercial team to ensure alignment with business plans.
- Ensuring tight controls and processes are in place across all finance functions to ensure actuals are delivered in line with flash with minimal variances and taking prompt corrective action as required.
- Key advisor to senior leadership team on revenue, work in progress, margin, and cost analysis. Providing supporting analysis as required.
- Responsible for the quality, performance, and development of the finance team
- Full responsibility for all statutory obligations and governance (VAT, PAYE, RCT etc) and the annual group audit process, liaising with auditors and business advisors as required.
- Continuous cost management including reviewing and approval of purchase orders and highlighting any areas for review to the Business Unit Directors.
- Financial Systems strategy including maintenance and enhancement of existing systems
- Debtors and WIP management and maintenance of fixed asset register and depreciation allocations.
- To be fully conversant with new initiatives and legislation in all matters relating to the financial management of the business and to advise senior management accordingly
- To contribute to cohesion and effective coordination between finance and other functions across the business.
- To provide support to the senior leadership team to enable sound financial management applied at every stage of operations
- To support department or function heads in carrying out analysis as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully Chartered Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience ideally in a construction related industry or a business which utilises project costing.
- Significant experience at senior financial controller level minimum 5 years+
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports, and data with ability to provide sound reporting and insightful analysis and forecasting
- Experience of liaising with auditors and senior management
- Excellent IT skills with ERP implementation experience a distinct advantage
- Strong project costing and cost management experience
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure
About The Company
TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivaled safety, quality and professionalism
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.