Design Technician (AutoCAD / GIS / Revit)
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Career Development Program (PDP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service
- Healthcare Discount
As part of the growing Engineering Team here at TLI Group we are seeking a Design Technician to join us to work on recently awarded design contracts associated with a number of transmission and distribution grid connection projects.
For the duration of COVID 19 restrictions, working from home can be facilitated. In the post-COVID 19 environment, the position will be based in our Tralee office.
Travel to and from site on occasion will also be required.
The successful candidate will provide AutoCAD/GIS/Revit design support to the TLI Group Engineering Department They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the design of transmission and distribution networks.
Previous experience (5 years minimum) in a role requiring significant AutoCAD/GIS/Revit expertise is necessary. Design experience in the utilities sector, while being an advantage, will not be essential as on the job training will take place.
Main duties include the following;
- AutoCAD/GIS/Revit support to TLI Group - Completion where necessary of on-site surveys, survey drawings, architectural & engineering design drawings and work generally associated with the design of grid connections and all associated infrastructure
- In executing company work, knowledge of requirements of ISO 9001, ISO14001 & ISO 45001 will be required and previous experience of associated procedures will be a considerable advantage.
- Preparation of utility mapping and integration of mapping with GIS systems
- Compilation of planning applications & section 5 exemption applications where required
- Attendance at meetings remote from TLI Group Head Office if required
- Tender Submissions - assistance in relation to document compilation etc
- Processing of survey and utility data (2D & 3D) in multiple formats (AutoCAD, GIS, Revit, Civil 3D).
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group provide a nationwide service of unrivaled safety, quality and professionalism
Designing and building overhead power lines, electrical substations and Telecom Networks are the company’s core expertise. Since inception, TLI Group has executed countless projects within this field and has always delivered works of utmost quality and integrity.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio. We also deliver comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of renewable solar and windfarm network connections to the national grid.