Fibre Broadband Installer
This job has been closed.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Emphasis on career development
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation
- Sick pay after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently recruiting Service Delivery Technicians for our expanding SSP & Drops team, which are based from our Telecoms Head Office in Limerick. You will be required to work across the whole of Ireland delivering fibre to designated dwellings.
- Utilising Multi-meters to determine if safe to work in a meter cabinet
- Underground cable installation in occupied and unoccupied ducts
- Overhead cabling on the facade of buildings
- Fibre optic splicing of low count cables and installation of connectorized cables
- Fit various optical components and commissioning including, external coupler units, internal coupler units, optical node termination units, modems, set top boxes, phone handsets, internal cable installation, installation of trunking and cable guards, installation of Budi Box and Network Termination Units.
- Test installations using Power Light Readings, speed tests and running pre-programmed scripts (Enterprise Drops only)
- Telecom installations on façade built residential homes and businesses
- Telecom installations in Multi Dwelling Units
- Conduct works in homes and businesses on behalf of TLI Group in a safe, polite and cordial manner
- Interact with the Telecoms Networks National Operating Centre to verify relevant, useable, network connection points and troubleshooting where required
- Detailed as-builts are returned to the office on a daily basis
- Commercially astute – flag all opportunities to make work streams more efficient
- Identify new customer opportunities for our Client when out in the field and recording details for same
- Responsible for Self and Colleagues compliance to HSQE
- When working in a 2 man team assisting the Service Delivery Engineer in completing all tasks the required standards
The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
TLI Group is a premier utility contractor specialising in design and construction of telecommunications and electrical infrastructure. Designing and building overhead power lines, substations and telecoms networks are the company's core expertise. TLI Group has operated extensively with our customers, in the upgrading, refurbishment and renewal of infrastructure networks across Ireland and the UK. TLI Group plays a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable and sustainable networks for future generations.